Club Meeting Minutes – 14th June 2017

 

MINUTES OF  OLD WINDSOR CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING

HELD ON WEDNESDAY 14th June 2017 AT 7:30 PM

 

 

 

 

Present:

 

Jason Hart (Chair), Paul Carabini, Barry Clark, John Gould, John Hatcher, Gary Wade, Nigel Metters

   
Apologies: Andrew Reynolds
 

 

Minutes of the last meeting – The minutes of the 10th May were read, agreed and signed by the Chair.

 

  1. Finance 
  • The month of May was a five week month and this is reflected in the profits being up.
  • Ongoing monthly expenses are to be reviewed in more detail. This includes standing monthly expenses which may not show a true reflection of actual profits. In addition monthly depreciation to be reviewed
  • The Contactless Card issue is ongoing. JG to investigate if HSBC have can supply a CC machine

 

  1. Actions from Previous Meeting
    • Drop Bag – JG has purchased new bag
    • Staff Rotas – To be published weekly in advance and displayed behind bar. The rotas have been updated to reflect reduced hours from Simone and additional coverage from temporary staff
    • Membership Cards – All ‘hot cards’ to be challenged by bar staff

 

  1. Matters Arising
    • CCTV – Work complete throughout Club. Additional camera to be added to cellar area. JH to get update on remote access
    • Front Doors – Quote to be obtained to replace or upgrade doors to the main entrance
    • Health & Safety – Review has taken place and findings where discussed. It was found that on the whole the Club was in a good state however some recommendations have been made to improve safety. Further meeting to be arrange to review impact of review and requirements to ensure that Club meets H&S regulations
    • Electrical Review – Review of Club electrical complete. To be reviewed at Committee meeting in July
    • Front of Building – Area to be revamped and new chairs, tables and awning to be added. Date to be confirmed for clear up
    • Food in snooker room – Bar staff have been told to stop serving food if they suspect it will be carried into snooker room
    • New £1 – Machine to be reviewed in snooker room. Also time to be adjusted to 45mins per £1

 

  1. Repairs and Maintenance
    • Storage Areas – Quotes have been obtained. Decision to be made at July committee meeting
    • Fence in Car Park – JH to review options and get new quote
    • Bar repairs – New quote requested for replacement bar tops. Further options to be explored
    • Smokers Area – To be reviewed as part of re-vamp at front of Club
    • Hot Tap – Tap in men’s toilets to be reviewed as hot water is not coming through. JH to look at options
    • Digital Lock – To be added to cleaning area in front foyer
    • Top Lock – On front door is stiff. J Hatcher to review

 

  1. Bar & Club
    • Bar Prices – JG to arrange meeting with Ian/Heineken to discuss offer from Carling
    • Replacement Oven – Reconditioned oven to be purchased for kitchen
    • Hall Hire – Discount cannot be applied for new members under 12 months old
    • Stock levels – to be reviewed again. Stock to be reduced over coming months before large orders are placed
    • Eco– Pub – Cleaning and Service of Lines – JG to update

 

  1. Entertainment
  • Next event 8th July – Tina Turner tribute
  • Adults Halloween Party
  • New Year’s Eve – Band to be confirmed at meeting 12th of July

 

  1. Membership
    • Group Membership Cards – Group cards to be authorised for social groups that meet at the Club on a regular basis. These cards can only be used when the group meets

 

  1. AOB –
    • Portable Ramp – Options to be explore for use at front and back of building

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting – 12th July 2017 – 19:30

 

Leave a comment